Actually There Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellence Meets Consistency.

Cataclysm 4-1

King Jigsaw
    King Jigsaw
    Admin

Cataclysm 4-1 Empty Cataclysm 4-1

Post  King Jigsaw Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:43 am

Cataclysm 4-1 Logo10

The music of Drew McIntyre hits the PA System to a moderately positive reaction as the Scotsman comes out in the same ‘FREE DREW’ t-shirt he wore last night at Desperate Measures. It appears the Scotsman is starting us off tonight as he asks for and is handed a microphone. “Do not adjust your television sets. The abysmal excuse for a wrestling show previously known as Oblivion has been replaced. Taking its rightful primetime place is Monday Night Cataclysm! Alas, I am not here to talk about the failures of others. I am here to talk about the success of myself. People have been complaining that last night I took advantage of a man not fit to compete. It was not my job to determine whether or not he should have been in the match. That was between him and the doctors. Once again, I am innocent. Most importantly, I was victorious. Now at Battle Lines, I will take on Robert Roode for the Cataclysm Championship. 28 days from now I will stand in the ring before you with the title I was chosen to hold around my waist. Now, you may or may not like me but I think we can all agree on one thing: You don’t like Robert Roode. I don’t like him either. What I really don’t like is that the championship he carries is on borrowed time. His reign is ticking away and at Battle Lines, it comes to an end.”

Back from commercial and Fourtune’s music plays for the first time tonight, Alex Riley coming out and being met with a staggering amount of boos. He gets in the ring and grabs the mic left behind by Drew McIntyre. “If you all will shut the hell up, I’ve got something important to say.” This of course only leads to an even louder round of boos for the Varsity Villain. “Last week I was asked to give up an opportunity at the Intercontinental Championship for the sake of serving a higher purpose. That is a decision that I made and do not regret. Would do it again if asked. Now for those of you who watched Desperate Measures last night, you know that there is a new Intercontinental Champion on Cataclysm. I don’t think you need me to tell you who it is, and frankly, I don’t even know the guy’s name. Shelton Benjamin was a friend of Fourtune and that is the only reason I did not take that title from him. However, now that he lost it, it is time for Alex Riley to take what is his. Much like my mentor, the great Robert Roode, I will win Cataclysm gold and bring that much more prominence to the one true elite force in wrestling: Fourtune.” As soon as the words left his mouth, the music of Shelton Benjamin hit and the man who matched the theme came out with his Revolution Tag-Team Championship draped on his shoulder, a mic in hand. “That was a pretty nice speech, and you know I think you’re of the most promising guys in this industry’s future, but what makes you think that you’re going to be the next Intercontinental Champion? What happened last night was a fluke so don’t get used to not seeing me with that belt. There’s a rematch clause in my contract that guarantees me a shot at any title that I lose. You are the future, Alex, but this is still my time. You’d be best to not cross me.” And with those strong words the former champion made his exit, replaced with the theme music of Alex Riley’s opponent.

Singles Match
    Alex Riley vs. Alex Shelley

Right from the get-go the announcers began to bet that “Alex” would win this match, having fun with the common name of the two competitors. Riley was obviously not in the same fun-loving mood as he immediately went right after Shelley, backing him into the corner and delivering some stiff shots. The referee pulled him off and warned him but Shelley took advantage and have a sudden mirage of quick kicks. Jumping backwards off the middle rope with an elbow stuck out, Riley grabbed around his opponent’s midsection and turned it into a German Suplex, covering for one. Riley pulled Shelley to his feet and then whipped him hard into the corner. When he ran at him he got met with a boot to the face, followed by a moonsault that sent both men crashing to the canvas. Shelley appeared to have hurt himself just as much as his opponent, holding his midsection after the maneuver as he crawled to a late cover, only earning him a one count. Both men got up to their feet simultaneously and then began trading blows. With every kick that Shelley fired, Riley delivered a hard punch to his face. It was Shelley who got the upper hand, landing a sudden dropkick. Running to the ropes to get his momentum up, Riley caught him and planted him back down with a hard spinebuster. It was easy to see the damage done to Shelley’s ribs as he struggled to his feet. His misery was amplified by the sudden spear that Riley gave him before covering for three.
    Winner: Alex Riley

After the match the cameras cut backstage where two of Riley’s stablemates, Brett and Ted DiBiase, were watching on the television in the Fourtune locker room. An older man walks in and is met with a welcomed hug by the two brothers. “Dad, what a surprise.” “What are you doing here?” The man smiled at his two sons before replying. “Well you know I’ve been you two’s biggest fans since you decided to follow in your old man’s footsteps. Although I may be biased in thinking my sons are the best talent this industry has to offer, I know better than anyone that sometimes you need a shove in the right direction.” “What do you mean?” “It means.. you can say hello to your new manager, boys. Dear old Dad’s coming to help you achieve as much success as I did in my heyday, if not more.” The two FSW superstars give their father another hug and begin to inaudibly talk as the cameras move back to the ring.

The music of reigning Cataclysm Tag-Team Champions One Giant Problem is next to play over the arena’s speakers and OGP makes their way to the ring, a less-than-warm reception being given to the duo. As Bernard climbs into the ring, Tomko walks around to the other side of the ring and grabs a mic before rolling in to join his partner. “The drop-off between champions and challengers in the Cataclysm Tag division is staggering. Say what you want about Oblivion going under, this show will be next if they continue to let this roster stay the way it is. We have not come close to being challenged for these belts we wear proudly, and it’s getting tired.” Tomko said before giving the stick to his partner. “I think Tyson would agree with me that those two fat ugly women sitting right there in the front row would be the biggest challenge we’d met since joining this brand. We were told that this was the land where the best had been assembled to compete, but we have not seen the competition yet. If this continues, we’re likely to take these titles elsewhere.” Tomko nodded in agreement before taking the mic again. “If the FSW brass refuses to challenge us, then we will simply push the envelope ourselves. We’re giving ourselves five minutes to beat the shit out of the pitiful excuses for tag-teams, and if we don’t win in five minutes or less, we’ll give the titles to the team that can last that lost. We understand that this is five minutes longer than you people deserve to see of us, but we’re in a giving mood so consider yourselves lucky.”

Cataclysm Tag-Team Championship - Five Minute Time Limit Match
    Cataclysm Tag-Team Champions OGP vs. Londrick

Brian Kendrick and Paul London appear to be the first tag-team taking this Five Minute Challenge as their music hits and they come sprinting down to the ring in unison. Climbing up to the top turnbuckles they pose briefly before doing simultaneous backflips and meeting with a handshake in the middle of the ring. Not impressed with this showing, the champions attack their opponents from behind and begin to stomp away at the smaller men. The referee struggles to gain order and it ends up being Giant Bernard starting things off against Brian Kendrick, a clock ticking down from five minutes showing in the bottom left corner of the screen. Without even breaking a sweat, Giant Bernard bullied his opponent and toyed with him, even letting him tag in his partner. London didn’t mind going right after Bernard and even attempted a dropkick that merely made Bernard stumble backwards slightly. Tomko slapped his partner’s back to tag himself in, not wanting to be left out of all the fun. As soon as London ran at The Problem Solver with the same scrappy tactics, Tomko through up a buzzsaw kick that met with a sickening impact. Placing a boot on Paul’s chest was the only pin he cared enough to attempt and the referee counted the three. The champions glanced up at the clock for the first time to see that not only two minutes had passed. Shaking their heads they celebrated with their titles before leaving.
    Winners: Cataclysm Tag-Team Champions One Giant Problem

Singles Match
    Chris Sabin vs. Ted DiBiase Jr. (w/ Brett DiBiase & Ted DiBiase Sr.)

Chris Sabin was out first for the next match, hoping to have better success than his partner who looked to be banged up in his match with Alex Riley earlier tonight. Fourtune’s music hit for a second time tonight as Ted DiBiase Jr. made his way through the curtains, his younger brother and father coming out behind him in support. The commentators note that it would appear Fourtune just got their fifth member, as Senior is out to support Junior in this match. Though both these men were used to having a partner to split the work with, both competitors seemed game for the singles bout. The match seemed back and forth for the most part, any time Ted was in control he was receiving coaching tips from his father and any time Sabin was on the offensive the two men were cheering their relative on. The fast-paced offense of the Machine Gun seemed to be too quick for the DiBiases to keep up with and the smaller superstar began to turn the tides. As Sabin went to run the ropes, however, his ankle was grabbed by Ted Sr. which the referee saw and immediately came over to yell at him not to interfere again. What the official did not see was that both DiBiase brothers had climbed the turnbuckles behind him, leaping off simultaneously and nailing Sabin with a double missile dropkick. Brett slid out of the ring before the referee could see what happened and Ted Jr. took advantage by locking in the Figure Fourtune. Sabin could not even fight against the hold and had no choice but to tap out.
    Winner: Ted DiBiase Jr.

After another commercial break, the new Intercontinental Champion Justin Gabriel makes his way out to a big pop from the crowd, his newly-won championship strapped around his waist. The champion welcomes the reaction and heads down to the ring, being handed a microphone. “Thank you. Thank you all so much.” Was the first thing he said, to which the ovation continued. “Last night was the biggest match of my life. Shelton Benjamin is an outstan-” A sudden “F*** You Shelton” chant breaks out from the rowdy crowd, a testament to how happy they were to be rid of him as champion. The chant was enough to even force Gabriel to crack a smile. “Calm down, calm down. Shelton is an outstanding competitor. That being said, words can not begin to explain how happy I am to take this away from him.” He said as he pats the belt. “Since its conception, it seems like Cataclysm has been ruled by evil forces. Between Fourtune, Shelton Benjamin, and OGP, the fans have had yet to have a champion they can stand behind and support. I dedicate my victory last night to you fans in the hope that last night was one necessary step towards ridding this brand of the evils that reign here.” The crowd really likes this and cheers loudly in approval. “It’s true that Shelton Benjamin has a rematch clause, and he is entitled to another match for this Intercontinental Championship. I welcome any and all challengers though and if Alex Riley wants to step up, I respect that. I will face Shelton Benjamin in a nontitle match next week and Alex Riley the week after that. After those two matches, I will pick who I will defend my title against first at Battle Lines. I want to be a champion that you all can be proud of. Thank you.” He said as he waved out to the crowd and made his exit.

Singles Match
    Cody Rhodes vs. Jeremiah Riggs

Rhodes was out first, clearly not a fan favorite but also not getting much of a reaction at all. His opponent, Jeremiah Riggs, received a mostly positive reaction from the crowd, though a few “You Tapped Out” chants broke out in their unhappiness towards his failed championship quest the night before. Just as the match seemed ready to start, the music of Robert Roode hit and out came the Fourtune Leader, dressed in an expensive-looking black suit with the Cataclysm Championship held on his shoulder. Raising the belt in one hand and the Fourtune symbol with the other, the crowd erupted at the unexpected sight of the champ. The man walked down to the ring and around to the other side, taking a seat at the commentary table and putting on a headset. Jeremiah Riggs seemed caught off guard by the Champion’s presence and his lack of focus showed as Cody Rhodes took immediate control of the match. “Champ, we already know that your next challenger will be Drew McIntyre. Why are you down here watching this match?” “Joey, I’ve been two steps ahead of this entire company from the very start. I’m already past Drew McIntyre mentally, and how foolish would be for me to not scout all of my challengers when given the opportunity?” In the ring, Cody seemed to have the dangerous Riggs held down with a few different chain holds. Eventually Riggs was able to turn the tides and mounted Rhodes, delivering a few shots through the head-covering arms of his opponent. Grabbing one of the arms and throwing himself to the side, he pulled Rhodes into an armbar that nearly brought this contest to a quick end. Rhodes was able to hook his foot around the bottom rope and Riggs was forced to break the hold. His attention occasionally went over to Robert Roode, who for the most part was silent and concentrated on the action happening in the ring. Riggs took his unorthodox stance with his mobile foot, as if readying himself for the headkick that nearly won him Roode’s championship twenty-four hours prior. When Rhodes clambered up to his feet he just barely ducked the headkick attempt and caught the rotating Riggs from behind. Wrapping his arm around his head, he twisted and planted Riggs with the Cross Rhodes out of nowhere, gaining himself an all-important main event win in the presence of Robert Roode, who gave the performance a small standing ovation.
    Winner: Cody Rhodes

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:05 pm